Although giving birth is a amazing experience for many women, after enduring nine months of carrying a child, it is quite normal to want to get back into your natural size figure. Weight control is a very strong responsibility in order to get your normal figure back.
There is several different ways to lose wight after having a baby. During and after pregnancy many women feel upset, not beautiful, or even unhappy about the weight gain they have received after giving birth. After giving birth your emotions change drastically.
Every new mother will experience change differently. Many mothers will be emotional during pregnancy, your body needs time to be able to adjust to these changes after pregnancy. There are many different signs of changes you may experience such as crying, trouble sleeping, irritated or feeling overwhelmed.
If you step on the scale days after you give birth, you will have one of two reactions. Disappointment and/or complete horror. The weight loss is not as much as you had hoped, or in some cases, your weight might not have changed at all.
You do not want to exercise immediately. Wait until you are completely healed. The secret to thin out your waistline is to do cardiovascular exercises maybe one to three time a day for about ten minutes each. Weight gain is a prevalent concern during pregnancy which many women may not be able to handle as well as others physically or emotionally.
Here are 10 tips to help you lose weight after pregnancy:
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water a day. Drink water with a squeeze of lemon instead of high sugar beverages such as sodas and juices. You can also try flavored water doesn’t contain any calories.
- Eat healthy snacks such as raisins, crackers, popcorn, and nuts.
- Don’t buy store bought baked goods and junk food.
- Eat lean meats such as chicken and lean cuts of beef.
- Eat whole grains such as breads, cereals and pastas.
- Some non-fat foods are loaded with calories and can have hydrogenated vegetable oils or high fructose corn syrup. Don’t be fooled, read your labels!
- If you ever find yourself in a fast food joint, order the salad or one of the non fat-filled burgers.
- When you are ready exercise, take a 10 minute walk every day and increase your time to 20 minutes per day.
- Breast feeding burns about 500 calories per day so the longer you spend breast feeding your new baby, the more calories you’ll burn!
- Try to find a gym that offers a babysitting services.
Remember, it took you 9 months to reach your new weight, so give yourself those 9 months as a goal to take those new pounds off!